In order to effectively manage
1. Employees must understand what results are expected of them;
2. Employees must understand how those results are measured;
3. Employees must know if their results have met the minimum level of expected performance;
4. The frequency that employees must report those results and be held accountable must be determined by their level of authority;
5. There must be immediate feedback for unacceptable results with a meeting where the manager asks two questions—“Why did we fail? And what are we going to change tomorrow?”
These five steps will be further analyzed in the next five posts.
 Effective management is getting a group of people to do something that they would not ordinarily do and enjoy doing it. (Paraphrased Douglas McArthur)